- 2 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp fish sauce (anchovy sauce)
- 3 cloves garlic – minced
- 2 Tbs dry oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes – more or less to taste
- 1 quart of tomato sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp of sugar (this reduces the acidity or bitter taste)
- 1/8 tsp of ground black pepper
- Heat Olive Oil over medium to low heat in a saucepan.
- Stir in the fish sauce and garlic and heat for about a minute, making sure not to brown the garlic.
- Add the oregano and pepper flakes, stirring in.
- Add the tomato sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Season with salt, sugar, and black pepper.
- Turn the heat to low and simmer until slightly thickened and the oil rises to top, stirring occasionally.
*This sauce is great pressure canned into half-pint jars or frozen if you want to make it in bigger batches.
Leave a Reply